[USML Announce] Top 5 Reasons Winick Won't Even Beat Me....

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Jun 20 17:27:29 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/20/2005 2:52:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
springkerb at aol.com writes:

Jeff:

You're usually quite thorough, but you missed one significant  issue.  TB is
grossly overloaded with speed and light on power  among its young outfielders,
both in the majors and the minors, a situation  that won't improve when
Aubrey Huff leaves either in July or in the  off-season.  So Gathright is almost
certainly trade bait, and he has "NL  player" written all over him.

Just trying to help.

Mark

Damn - didn't even think of that one.  Thanks for the help.

Other than the whole NL issue, the only other thing that's worthy  of mention
is the fact that Blocker was extolling the virtues of this guy  in comparison
to Jared Weaver.  That didn't strike me until this  morning.  Let's see, fast
guy who can't hit versus #1 rated college  pitcher.  And I only asked for one
pitcher in return for Weaver. Mark asked  for a veritable boatload of talent
in exchange for his Monster Talent.

Yep....I've got to give the guy credit.  He's got chutzpah.  This  is a whole
side of him I've never seen before.  From here on out, I will no  longer be
referring to Mark as "DFF" (that's an acronym for Drive for  Five).  From now
on, I'm just calling him PT (as in Barnum)

What I'm really looking forward to is hearing about what he's pitching  now.
Can't you just hear him whispering in Klein's ear:

"But Andy, Nageotte's just been struggling.  He's a MONSTER  TALENT.  Don't
pay any attention to the so-called roto-establishment.   What do they know.
This guy can flat out pitch.  I know they talk  about his lack of control and
injury history, but they said the same thing about  Todd Van Poppel.  Oops, I
mean Kerry Wood.  So, let's get this done -  Nageotte for A-Rod.  And don't pay
any attention to Winick's guys like Bush  and Thames.  They're in the minors
and their contracts are  running, like Granderson......Oh, never mind.  And
that  guy Cuddyer, he's worthless.  So what if he has eligibility  at both middle
infield and the corners for a mere $2.  He's no  more valuable than a guy
like Cantu.  Oops - never mind.  But, Danks,  now that guy is just a long shot
prospect, beloved only by the Roto  Establishment guys, like Baseball America.
Hell, he's no more likely to  have a major league job soon than say, Kevin
Youkilis.  Ummm, sorry, where  was I.  And, please, don't even mention a supposed
hot shot prospect  like Moss - he's no monster talent.  I'm the only one
shrewd enough to  identify them at the draft."

That's all for now.