[USML Announce] Rips Seek Non-Agression Pact with Berliners

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 13:18:52 EDT 2006

Against the painful backdrop of mutually assured destruction, Rips owner
Brad Jansen tendered an olive branch to fantasy kingpin Jeff Winick.  "Both
teams are rebuilding this year and, in Jeff's case, next year as well.  It's
a painful process and there is no need for aggression and antagonism. I told
Jeff there is no need for us to pursue the same cheap keepers and top
prospects, especially that now so many of them reside on my roster.  I know
Jeff covets guys like Mike Maroth, Danny Carbrera and Nate Robertson...the
list goes on and on.  So I asked Jeff to tender to me a list of players he
wants so that I don't go after them.  There is no need to engage in a
prolonged bidding war that only hurts us.  Just look at the price
of Francisco Liriano--stop the madness, I say."  The Rips await the
Berliners' response, but Jansen remains optimistic.  "Jeff may not be a kind
man, but he is thoughtful and rather selfish individual.  I'm sure he'll see
my offer benefits him as much if not more than me. That is all."