[USML Announce] DUMP Update - Is Thome Toast?

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Tue Aug 1 23:24:30 EDT 2006

Just on the odd chance that Brad Lee is dancing gleefully around in his under-clothing (bra and panties I hear tell) at the news that Francisco Liriano may be washed up, it seems only fair to share this news as well:

   Jim Thome - 1B, CHI-A Aug 1 7:10 PM
Thome (wrist/back) is out of Wednesday?s lineup because of back spasms, according to the White Sox? official site.RotoWire.com Recommends: Thome's sore right wrist, which had been bothering him for close to the past month and kept him out of the previous two games, responded well to the cortisone shot he received Monday. But Thome's absence from Tuesday's starting lineup was caused by back spasms, a slightly more disconcerting issue, considering his somewhat troubled past back history. There's no specific timetable for Thome's return, although it's not considered a far-reaching problem at this point. "I know my back. I've worked on it for a long, long time," Thome said. "This is not from the past, it's just spasms.?

Just spasms says Jim.  Be very, very careful says DUMP.

That is all.

Jeffrey Winick
DUMP