[USML Announce] Baaaarrrrrrryyyyyy Interesting.....Angries Lose Zito, Gain Opening for Beltre

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 16:38:29 EST 2006

The Angry Young Men today watched pitching ace Barry Zito (17/y2) flee to
the cozier confines of the National League.

Shabes took in stride, albeit with a bit of a limp: "As much as I liked
Barry Z, my pitching staff is the only one in this mediocre league strong
enough to absorb such a body blow.  We'll still march in with the likes of
Kenny Rogers (1/y2), Mike Mussina (10/y1), Vinny Padilla (10/y1), Roy
Halladay (21/y2), Todd Jones (20/y1), Brendan Donnelly (Bosox new closer?
1/y1) and new Pale Hose starting southpaw Andy Sisco (1/y1).   My offense
will be anchored by Emil Brown (8/y2) and I'm very much inclined to add
Adrian Beltre (25/y1) to fill out the Magic Nine.  He brings a combination
of speed and power, the likes of which I have not seen since Jorge Cantu, or
Nick Swisher for that matter..."