[USML Announce] Getting Fired Up for the Season

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 18:07:02 EST 2006

Hey all - in perusing my current roster, I notice that I have a number of 0-contract year players who can be found in the top prospect lists of various publications.  Players such as Brian Anderson, Brandon Wood, Justin Huber, John Danks, Dustin McGowan, Jeff Niemann, the list goes on.  Needless to say, I can't keep them all.  Anybody interested in doing some prospecting in advance of the draft should contact me.

  In other news, I was in Borders today and picked up Rob Neyer's Big Book of Baseball Lineup for $3.99 from the bargain bin.  It features a number of lineups for each ML team - No. 1 & No. 2 all-time best players, gold glove, iron glove (worst fielding), best nicknames, best single season, best rookie, etc.  I'm a little disappointed that Dave Kingman didn't make one of the Cubs' lists but it's a cool book overall. :-)