[USML Announce] Gammons Was Right

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 16:46:23 EDT 2006

Mariners placed outfielder Chris Snelling on the 15-day disabled list with an impingement in his left shoulder.
Snelling didn't even get into a game with the Mariners and he still got hurt. "Our plan was to option Chris back to Tacoma today," GM Bill Bavasi said. "However, he's been on the medical report in Tacoma and when our trainers examined him prior to yesterday's game, they recommended he not play outfield for several days." Snelling will likely resume playing at Tacoma next week, and he'll be optioned back to Triple-A once the 15 days are up. Jul. 27 - 4:37 pm et