[USML Announce] The Dreaded Vote of Confidence

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 21:22:30 EDT 2006

Despite blowing his third save in his last five chances on Wednesday, manager Jim Leyland said that Todd Jones (P) Det was still the Tigers closer, and that his job was not in jeopardy, according to the AP. "We're not going to do anything," said Leyland. "We're going to come back tomorrow and play."

What's the average lifespan of a player after the vote of confidence?  On a completely different subject, I noticed that Zumaya has an opposing batting average of .155.