[USML Announce] Open Letter to Non-Contenders

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Fri Jun 30 15:12:16 EDT 2006

It was the puppet comment, wasn't it?

From: Brad Jansen <bljansen at gmail.com>
To: USML Announcements <announce at usml.net>
Sent: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:04:08 -0500
Subject: [USML Announce] Open Letter to Non-Contenders

Dear Everyone But Mark Kerber:
   Forget it.  It's time to put this season in the rear view mirror.  You either have been too tired, too busy with your asset portfolios or just plain woefully inefficient managing your teams to create a roster strong enough to battle the Nukes.
   But I have a proposal.  You read Jeffrey's insightful and on-target analysis of my keeper cache.  It grades out an "A" for a very good reason. These are players you can build a future around, a future that certainly offers more promise than your current performances. Take a moment from your schedules to look at my keepers.  All 40 of them.  Make me an offer.  Look what happens if we try: you get top-notch cheap talent, and maybe I can weave a little magic...an A-Rod here, a Crawford there, some starting pitching, Miceli in my bullpen (oh, bother, I meant Hansen)...and, yes, I can create a team good enough to knock the Nukes.  If I can dismantle a team and still finish ahead of the Berliners, think of what I can do if I rebuild one.  BUT I NEED YOUR HELP!
   So please, be reasonable. If we work together, we all win: TEAM--Together Everyone Achieves More.
   Join my team.  Make a trade. Fight the tyranny of the Nukes. I'll do the dirty work, but I need your tools.  Thanks, everyone except Mark Kerber.

Your friend, your ally,
Brad Jansen