[USML Announce] Nukes-Rips Reach Accord and Hot Wax It

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 15:38:50 EST 2006

Today the Nukes traded Tadihito Iguchi to the Riptorns for Justin Huber.

"Iguchi adds stability to the Torns' middle infield situation," explained
Rips CEO Brad Jansen. "And I don't mind spending $19 for a solid and stable
veteran.  Here's fair notice to all you fence sitters and hair splitters:
you all had your shot at Justin Huber.  If you want to hit a bullseye once
in awhile, you need to pick up the friggin' gun and *pull the trigger*.
I've made it clear time and time again: I want production, not
promise. I suppose I should be happy when men of scholarship and vision laud
all the great young talent on my team. So what. I would trade them all now
if a deal or two or three could put me in a position in 2007 to even think
about giving chase to Hoosier Daddies or even the Bombers for that matter.

"You all saw how much I wheel and deal, and you know I didn't finish in 8th
place by sitting on my arse all season.  So, good luck to the Nukes and on
to the next Deal."