[USML Announce] A James Bonding Experience

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 22:20:26 EST 2006

So today I took Conor (who turns 13 in JAN) to see the new Bond movie.  We
hadn't seen a Bond film together before and I told him it was sort of a rite
of passage or whatever. About time he learns about objectifying women and
escaping tight scrapes.  I hadn't really followed the franchise since the
days of Connery and Moore (major downgrade, cos us kids knew him from TV as
The Saint...)  except when Halle Berry was in that  one movie.   Always
partial to Sean Connery even though he's a Scot.  Anyway, thumbs up to the
new Bond--glad they got away from all the high-tech nonsense and got it back
to the way Fleming structured the stories: fists and babes, just like any
good spy story I say (altho I must say there was not much pussy galore in
this film-Bond had his hands full but not of women--and oooh that torture
scene; Doug, sit on the aisle if you're gonna see this movie).  This guys
fights the way I play roto: bareknuckled, except he wins more.

So, what do you guys say? Is Craig this generation's Bond? He's earned my
vote. Weigh in, please (and, Jeff Winick, no essays about George Lazenby and
post-modernism, OK?).....

Brad