[USML Announce] Just Trying to Be Helpful

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Sun Aug 5 21:05:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/5/2007 5:37:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
jhwinick at aol.com writes:

Ah, but  I'd did have FAAB dollars left since the successful bid on Betemit
was 34,  leaving me with 43 dollars left.

I had been led to believe that a  blockbuster trade was imminent with
Blocker. Guess you're going to ride it  out. Since Brad long ago annointed you as
champ, I can't imagine there's  anything to worry about.

Good luck.

Jeff
Sent from my  BlackBerry? wireless handheld

All:

  Just back from the remote woods of Northern Wisconsin.  I can  confirm that
I had trade talks with various teams, making my long drive home  today much
more enjoyable.  An actual quote from my wife at 12:12  p.m.:  "Well, the
deadline has passed."

  With regard to Jeff's message above, I was wondering how we should  handle
the various bids/results of the weekend.  Some of Jeff's bids show  up on the
evaluator results as "over limit."  Jeff may well be correct in  the message
above about how to treat those bids, but I was wondering if others  share that
view.

  I will offer one observation here that I think Jeff's e-mail points  up: I
think the All Star Stats website was not worth the extra money we  paid.  I
think it could well be a fine system for other leagues, but I  think it is
ill-suited to our rules, particularly the e-bay style FAAB  bidding.  In addition,
lets not forget the many start-up issues we  experienced at the beginning of
the season.  Once the current season  concludes, we should have a discussion
about whether to return to TQ Stats, or  some other cheaper alternative.  Just
one person's opinion.