[USML Announce] MLB Amateur Draft - The Price Is Right

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:51:23 EDT 2007

Wait a minute: what *does *it mean to be on the "buy" side of bean
transactions?  What am I doing anyway?

And since our longstanding prophets and seers have failed to offer any kind
of prognostications, I still stand on my prediction that to the Daddies goes
the Damon, but note that the K-9 have turned it into a two-team race.  What
counts now is what the Indy Padres can get for the likes of Granderson, Dice
K, pabelbon, et al vs. the K-9's pedestrian, vulgar efforts to peddle Erik
Bedard and Josh Fields....and Sean Rodriguez?  If the best the Bombers can
offer is a $5 minor league pitcher just outta college, well....sorry, but I
see a two-headed dog fighting to the finish and that's it: two contenders
and a few pretenders and a bunch of backenders.

Doug, your thoughts?