[USML Announce] Winick's Decision Harden Fast: He's Dumping

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sat May 19 09:13:39 EDT 2007

The latest setback in the Ongoing Saga of Rich Harden merely confirms that
Jeffrey Winick's $27 draft day gamble was a complete and utter bust.  So,
it's now time to turn to another craps table and start dealing for the
future.

"Obviously, the three guys most teams will covet --assuming anyone is
bothering to compete against the Dads this summer-- are Carl Crawford, Alex
Rios and John Lackey.  Schilling and Kelvim Escobar certainly offer some
appeal, as does I-Rod and, if you can stomach his .150 BA, Richie Sexson.  I
have no doubt that there are plenty of players on my team that can assist
someone who dares take on the Dads.

"So, listen up, Andy and Jim B and John F and the Inscrutable Buddha:  when
I'm not busy screwing up the Nukes' roster moves, I certainly will find time
to talk trade with you. I caution that I'm not as impulsive as Shabes and
Kerbs, but you'll respect me in the morning.  And maybe you'll want to come
back for more.  So, call me, please. I'm Blalocked and loaded."