[USML Announce] Setting Lineups

Richard Robbins rerobbins at itinker.net
Thu Apr 24 16:10:23 EDT 2008

My eyes are wide open.

I think we need to take this risk.

-- Rich

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Blocker, Mark B.
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 4:08 PM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: RE: [USML Announce] Setting Lineups

League:

  I am not sure my primary concern has been fully conveyed.  If we change
the number of games needed to qualify from 2007, the system will make the
change "retroactively."  (When I started to do this, it gives you a warning
notifying you that this may cause prior rosters to show up as illegal).  As
you may recall, at the beginning of this year, every time we made a
retroactive change, it caused problems in the entry of roster and FAAB
moves, for reasons that are not at all apparent.  My concern is that, if we
make the retroactive change to 2007 games-played requirements -- even one
which logically should have no impact -- it may inadvertently screw up the
system in ways we do not currently anticipate.  So, my question is whether
it is worth taking that risk to fix a single-player, single-team problem?
If the league concludes that this is risk is worth taking, I will go ahead
and make the change (changing 20 to 18), but I want the league to do so with
eyes wide open in case this creates new, unanticipated problems.

  -- Mark B.

  _____