[USML Announce] USML - FAAB results

Mark Blocker mbblocker at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 07:28:08 EDT 2009

League:

  All players acquired by FAAB have been added to rosters. There is good
news and bad news on the FAAB front, summarized below.

1.  Good news:  The BidMeister system now determines the winning bid, and
shows the correct salary.  Go to "Transactions logs" and then "View
BidMeister results."  It even gets the e-bay style bidding correct, and
appropriately adjusted salaries.  There is also now a one-click function for
the commissioner to "insert all players" acquired by FAAB.

2.  Bad news:  All of the above would be great if BidMeister worked, but I
am uncertain if it does.  It looks to me like BidMeister made an
inexplicable and basic mistake.  Hoosiers waived Outman and bid on Tony
Sipp; his was the only bid for Sipp.  BidMeister recorded the waiver, but
did not identify the Sipp bid as a winning bid.  Perhaps I am missing
something, and if so, let me know.  I have manually added Sipp to the
roster.