[USML Announce] Miscellanious Ramblings

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 10:36:38 EST 2009

1.? I note that only Rick Gammons and I have signed on to OnRoto.com to check out the new site.? Please sign on and assess the site so we can reach a decision as soon as possible.

2.? To that certain someone who reveled in the departure of JJ Putz to the National League and waxed poetic about what that would mean for his team, here's a little news that brought a smile to my face this morning:

Jan 09, 2009 11:22 AM CST

Morrow prepping for starting gig

The News
Former reliever Brandon Morrow is prepping for a starting gig in the Mariners' rotation for 2009, according to MLB.com.

Our View
He is working on strengthening his right shoulder to handle 30-plus starts. He has a great arm and will compete for a role in the rotation at the onset of spring training, but will not likely have a solid supporting cast in Seattle, especially following the departures of closer JJ Putz and outfielder Raul Ibanez.

That's all.

TOFK