[USML Announce] Trade Talk

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Thu Jun 11 08:55:27 EDT 2009

Gee, Brad, this is like the third concession e-mail I have received from you this year.  Each time, such an e-mail is followed by some trade announcement that suggests you are competing for this year, and usually some song-parody explanation.  Until I see a real offer from you (and accompanying Beatles mock-up) for some of my many keepers, I will just assume you are competing.  For what its worth, I like the Badfinger signature better than the "Becalmed" one.

 By the way, to save you some time, since I know you write lots of e-mails, I drafted up your next trade announcement, to be used right after Vlad is hurt again (presumably soon):

"The Berliners and the Riptorns announce the following mutually beneficial swap-back deal:  Riptorns trade Vlad The Impaler to Berliners for Josh Hamilton and _______ [insert name of low A ball bean]."

  -- Mark B.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Brad Jansen
	Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:09 AM
	To: USML Announcements
	Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Trade Talk

	Rich, Mark:
	  Nice. A brilliant piece of roto fantasy performance art.  Mark, don't worry, you need not engage in any ploys to dissuade me from making other deals to in some vain attempt to catch you. I CONCEDE already. The next trade I make, if any, will be for one of your keepers.
	Until your next show,
	I remain,
	Brad Lee Becalmed