[USML Announce] Manny Being Barry

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:33:36 EDT 2009

Rick:
  You are right about how we baseball fans care about the game's records,
but was the game purer when the gloves were smaller, or when the ball was
dead, or fences further back?  Weren't players taking speed to recover from
nights on the town (or, in the case of renown Riptorns hero Doc Ellis,
dropping acid to pitch no-hitters)?  Aren't they taking HGH now (because it
can't be detected without a blood test) or other drugs and masking agents
that MLB can't yet detect?  So, I'm just saying I wish none of it were so,
but it still goes on and I'm sitting on the fence as how I view the
performances of those who were proven to have taken a banned substance (at
least once), those who weren't caught and those, if any, who didn't take any
PEDs.
Brad