[USML Announce] Block of Darkness

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Fri May 29 14:56:57 EDT 2009

Brad:

 In an effort to mend the fences and achieve consensus, peace, and harmony, I will ignore your Lou Holtzian rantings in order to address a real-world subject that is near and dear to both our hearts.  Having failed in their plea to acquire Jake Peavey, tell me if you agree that the White Sox should not turn West and see if they can pry Erik Bedard from Seattle?  Not only is he an excellent pitcher, but he is on a reasonable contract.  He would look great on the South Side, and his presence on the Pale Hose might allow us to celebrate down at the Cell in October the roto title one us (but hopefully not you) will win .

Peace in our Times,

Mark B.

________________________________

	From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Brad Jansen
	Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 9:32 AM
	To: USML Announcements
	Subject: [USML Announce] Block of Darkness

	Mark:
	   Again, I am baffled by your unprovoked attacks.  I dare say you cannot cite a single email I penned in which I touted a Riptorns' prospect (although I recall that in some delusional rage you claimed a note about Corky Miller amounted to some invitation for bid).  What do I care what teams may know about my roster; it's public. They can see what I have, and what I don't.
	   Your anxiety and paranoia are beginning to frighten me.  Look, I know it so happens that I seem to have earned a shot at second or third while acquiring keepers or players I like such as Kubel, Salty and C.C. (sounds like an old puppet show on WGN, doesn't it?), but that should not give you cause to just randomly fire off your salvos like that crazed Korean dictator.  Mark, please, if you want to win, then I want you to win, okay?  If that's important to you, so be it.  But I ask you: Have you seriously considered what capturing first place actually means? A couple half-hearted congratulatory emails that nobody reads and a perfunctory compliment on draft day while everyone else is stuffing his face with a pastry (or, in Rick's case, a healthy snack).  If that means something to you, have at it.
	   But, Mark, I am not your enemy. No, your enemies are guys like Jeff and Rich, guys that will sweet talk you into trading away talent like Price and Wieters, players you could have kept on your roster to enjoy for years, and for what--a chance for some brief and fleeting moment to bask in some earthly glory called first place?  And if you do say "Yes, Brad Lee, it really really is worth it," then I will accept that and respect your position...but in turn all I ask of you is that you stop treating me like a  punching bag.  I'm human.  And I hurt.
	Regards,
	Brad

		Jeff and others:

		  I, for one, am quite excited for the Wieters Debut.  While he is unfortunately no longer on my roster, I am very interested to see how he does once he is up with the big club, and not just abusing minor league pitching.  My other former "prospect" David Price is already up and looks sizzling; enjoy, Rich.  The league should take note that these high quality prospects emanated from the Bombers roster, not the Riptorns, for as Jeff quite correctly notes, Brad is almost never right about prospects.  As Mr. T would have said, I "pity the fool" who takes some of Brad's meager prospects once June 1 rolls around.  Brad may be walking down the Path of Truth, but he ain't walkin down it with any good prospects in tow.  Buyer Beware.

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, we inform you
that, unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this
communication, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such
taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, if any such tax advice is used or referred
to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the advice should be construed as written in connection
with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this
communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular
circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
immediately.