[USML Announce] Lets Make A Deal

jhwinick at aol.com jhwinick at aol.com
Tue Jan 5 16:05:52 EST 2010

Full disclosure....

Here are my intended keepers:

Matt Wieters             $5        Y1
Alex Rodriguez         $32       Y1
Alex Gordon             $7        LT10
Gordon Beckham     $15        Y1
Adam Lind               $4          Y2
Travis Snider            $5          Y1
Clay Bucholz           $5          Y1
Rick Porcello           $5          Y1
Brian Matusz           $2          Y1

Justin Smoak           $2         Rookie
Jesus Montero         $2          Rookie
Neftali Feliz             $2          Rookie

So....you're thinking:  "Why should I care?"  And here's your answer.  That leaves a number of very nice players available for trade

Jeff Niemann          $10      Y1
Trevor Cahill           $10      Y1
Phil Hughes           $6        Y1

Eric Hosmer            $2      Rookie
Lars Anderson         $5      Rookie
Grant Green            $5      Rookie
Aaron Hicks            $5      Rookie
Mike Moustakas      $10    Rookie
Engel Beltre            $2      Rookie
Jake Arietta            $5      Rookie

So....this presents a couple of opportunities.

#1 - If you can provide a significant upgrade over one of the intended keeper players, we could complete a trade in which you got the upgraded player from the keeper list, plus a player or two from the non-keeper list.  A quintessential win/win situation.

OR

#2 - You can propose 2/3 for 1 trades where you trade me one valuable keeper in exchange for 2 or 3 of the players off of my non-keeper list.  Since the rookie contracts are all cheap and all of them are sure to be in the Baseball America Top 100 this year, that should also be a win/win - especially if you're in rebuilding mode.

Let the games being!!

TOeFuKi