[USML Announce] Ask Brad Jansen

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 22:36:04 EST 2011

Dear CIC:
  It is my general policy to respect the anonymity of owners whose
teams are discussed in the correspondence I receive.  In this case,
however, the owner is Mark Blocker, so there goes that policy.
  I take issue with your disparaging remarks about Wieters (and your
reliance on any publication that employs "Professional" and "Freak" in
its title raises doubts about your judgment as well as your choice of
nondescript cinderblock bookstores that dot the hiways of Indiana, I
might add).
  True, Wieters hit 249 for the season, but note that he hit 266 in
the second half.  You criticize the lad's home run output of 11, but
that's quite productive for a backstop.  And might I remind you that
Mighty Joe Mauer, the USML's most expensive catcher ever, belt but 9
taters last year.
   Now, given the quality of the Bombers' roster, Brother Blocker may
find it difficult to find room for Wieters on his freeze list.  But
Brother Blocker climbed a mountain in Nepal, did he not? The man knows
how to stare down a challenge. I predict that (i) the Bombers retain
Wieters and (ii) extend his contract by one year.  That's my answer,
CIC, and I'm stickin to it.

Regards,
Brad the Answer Man