[USML Announce] Rules Questions

Jeffrey Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Sun Mar 6 09:19:44 EST 2011

Gentlemen,

Some serious rules questions:

1.  I'll be submitting a proposed NRI list for the draft.  My
recollection is that a player needs to either be on the 40 man roster
or a non-rookie eligible player on the NRI list to be available at the
draft.  Am I correct?

2.  Nishioka, the player announced yesterday as Minnesota's starting
second baseman is a Japanese player who has not played any games in the
major leagues.  What is his position eligibility?  It seems like he
should be eligible at the position at which he has been declared to be
the starter, but I'd hate to see another Delgado debacle.

The King