[USML Announce] Rips Set Their Sale For Closer Job

Richard Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Mon Mar 7 14:58:38 EST 2011

The Red-Hots have KC uber-bean Eric Hosmer -- and unless I totally screw up
the draft, your team can have him for a price (and no, not David Price,
since I have him too).  The Royals have an excellent pipeline of players.

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of Jim Barrett
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2011 2:20 PM
To: USML Announcements
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Rips Set Their Sale For Closer Job

I have a Royal on my reserve roster - the next coming of George Brett, Mike
Moustakas!

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 7, 2011, at 3:14 PM, rickgam at comcast.net wrote:

Greetings;

     It's really too bad this didn't come up a few days ago.  As part of my
mysterious job with the USDA, I was at

the Shedd Aquarium Thursday for a compliance inspection of their Amazon
Basin exhibit.  If only I'd known, I could have slipped a couple of their
lovely specimens (e.g. the Blaberus giganteus - Giant Cockroach, or the
tastier Scolependra gigantean - Peruvian Giant Centipede) into my bag for
Sunday morn.

     In the Potpourri category, did anyone else notice that the Royals were
almost shut out.  If not for John F. and myself, the USML would have turned
our collective backs on poor KC.  And there seem to be an inordinate amount
of FAs under contract this year.  Everyone excepting Mssrs. Winick and
Jansen have multiple FAs.  These two gents have zero.  And Andy and I are
the only two fellows ready to take full advantage of this year's deep draft
who chose not to clutter up our rosters with those annoying minor leaguers.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.   See you at 8:00 sharp on Sunday!

    Rick