[USML Announce] USML - Draft-eligible players

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Thu Mar 10 15:05:09 EST 2011

I think the answer is in section 4.3 of our Rules.  But to simplify, the only draft-eligible persons are (1) players on the 40-man roster, and (2) non-rookie NRIs on which we agree.

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Winick
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:30 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] USML - Draft-eligible players

My apologies.  I play in a number of different leagues, all of which
play with slightly different rules. But I am confused.  Since we allow
teams to draft rookies that are no longer in camp I am now completely
mystified as to why we draw a distinction between rookies on the 40 man
and rookies on the NRI list.  Any chance we can eliminate this
inconsistency for future draft?

But the bottom line is that I have no objection AT ALL to the inclusion
of all rookies on the 40 man on the eligible list, regardless of
whether they've been sent down.  The more rookies available at the
draft to tempt Rich the better.

The King