[USML Announce] Trade Seals Sunny Forecast For Red Hots

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:53:23 EDT 2011

Jeffrey and Rich, thanks for validating the Trade Forecaster's predictions,
somewhat.  Bombers and AYM better reckon storm warnings or get blown away by
trade winds.  I don't forecast you trading Crawford to embittered K-9, but
maybe LMC can see through the fog and make a deal.....

Here's updated forecast

4th Place Nukes
  Needs: A slugger and a #1/#2 starting pitcher.
  Best they can offer: Hicks, Jennings
  Likely trade partners: Riptorns (Hunter, Dunn, Humber, Carrasco,
Scherzer); AYM
(Sabathia, Choo, Konerko); Bombers (Cano)
   Forecast: Jennings returns to Riptorns

3rd Place Mighty Red Hots
  Needs: SBs
  Best they can but probably won't offer: Not applicable
  Likely trade partners: Not applicable, unless another player gets hurt,
then Rips (Ellsbury)
  Forecast: FIRST PLACE FINISH

*WEATHER UPDATE: MRH get Verlander and Lester and Rios and a helluva lot
more...blowing away competition....*

2nd Place Lake Michigan Calamari
  Needs: SBs and saves
  Best they can offer: Lowrie, Moustakas, Cortes the Killer Future Closer
  Likely trade partners: Riptorns (Ellsbury); Bombers (Papelbon); AYM
(Abreu, Francisco); Berliners (Thornton, Downs)
   Forecast: partly cloudy with a small chance of trade

1st Place Klein Nine
    Needs: Antacid, aspirin, Lexapro
    Wants: 2nd closer, quality SP
    Best they can offer: Segura and sarcastic comments about Winick
    Forecast: hot air and falling point totals

--Tom Skilling