[USML Announce] Don't Answer If Andy Calls

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:17:49 EDT 2012

*FROM THE espn WIRES:*
**

*"It is now time…" to call Colby
Rasmus<javascript:newWin('http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28973/colby-rasmus')>'
recent hot spell a mirage and declare this a perfect time to sell.* During
his past 14 games, Rasmus is a .351/.403/.702 hitter with four home runs,
10 RBIs and two stolen bases, and that he's 25 years old and has long been
projected to be a future fantasy stud might have his owners wondering
whether he has finally arrived. I say no, he hasn't. Not *yet*. Take a look
at Rasmus' schedule during that hot spell: Three games at Rangers Ballpark
(May 25-27), games against starters in funks like Tommy
Hunter<javascript:newWin('http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/29198/tommy-hunter')>(May
28), Jake
Arrieta<javascript:newWin('http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30145/jake-arrieta')>(May
29), Daniel
Bard<javascript:newWin('http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30158/daniel-bard')>(June
3) and Philip
Humber<javascript:newWin('http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/28596/philip-humber')>(June
5). Rasmus also hasn't shown
*substantial* improvement this season, neither the full year nor in his
past 14 contests, in the weakest area of his game: He's a .205/.205/.409
hitter against breaking pitches (curveballs and sliders) this season,
although he did hit a home run off a Humber slider on Tuesday. That homer
is a start, but Rasmus has work to do. I think this is more likely a hot
spell and a sell-high opportunity for his owners than it is a sign of him
having arrived.