[USML Announce] Daily Roster Audit Compliance Report & Other Stuff

Andrew Klein anrklein at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 07:28:17 EDT 2013

As usual, Rich has the rules thing right.  But unless we change the
text, I see absolutely no problem with using NL players, assuming they
were properly rostered in the first place.  I am certain we've done this
in the past, and many times it's for good reason.  Beyond using players
for cap reasons, sometimes it's worth a gamble that the player might
return to the AL the following year as a good keeper.  (I recall trading
with Buddha for Cliff Lee who had been dealt the NL in-season and then
returned to the AL in the offseason).  I also think we should count the
stats of players who are traded across league lines during a season ...
but suspect Kerber and I will continue to fight a losing battle on that one.

Other things ...

1.  Can we pass a rule that requires the Cubs to use major league
players?  I watched the game last night and viewed the likes of Dave
Sappelt, Alberto Gonzales, Brett Lillibridge, Scott Hairston, and Hector
(not Bruce) Rondon.  Really??  And then the Cubs have the gall to run
ads suggesting I pay $10K to watch these guys in a Nuveen skybox?
Fruiter ... you should be embarrassed.  As should Theo Epstein.

2.  F*&k Pedro Strop and the horse he rode in on.  And to hell with
so-called "safe relievers."  I should have had Humber and Ubaldo Jiminez
active.  Anyway, if I'm lucky enough to have *any* of my pitchers go
against the Cubs in interleague play, I'll damn sure have them active.

That is all.  And when does the NFL break camp?

Sadly,

-Andy