[USML Announce] And so it begins . . .

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Sat Jul 5 09:14:16 EDT 2014

Fittingly enough, the Cubs have kicked off the pre-deadline trading season during 4th of July weekend with a bang, by granting independence to Samardzija and Hammel.  No official announcement yet, though, so the USML FAAB fireworks may be delayed until next week.  Also, bye-bye to Addison Russell (Berliners) and Billy McKinney (K9), as well as Dan Straily (Bombers).

>From a Cub fan's perspective, I'm glad to see that Theo is going for prospects who are pretty close to the majors.  Maybe he's getting closer to shifting gears.

Mark K