[USML Announce] League News

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Sat Jul 19 22:38:14 EDT 2014

Thanks, Mark.  In the interest of full disclosure, it was a tie (the first ever at nationals).  After three days and eight events, with scoring that runs two places to the right of the decimal, the score was 129.10 to 129.10.  Jazzy also won the Athlete of the Year award, for best overall performance in international competitions.  The co-champion was Rebecca Sereda, now a three-time national champion.  Jazzy and Becca are good friends, and frequently roommates on the road for international competitions.

I'm really happy for Jazzy.  You have no idea how much time and work she put into this.  She's been at it since she was four.

Mark K