[USML Announce] Put A Fork In The Red-Hots

Jeffrey Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 18:22:42 EST 2015

I assume that an appropriate intervention is being organized.  And I've been quiet both because I was hoping for a recantation and because I figured it was more likely than not that I'd just make it worse.

But it's been a full day and there's been no recantation, so I'm weighing in.

The USML would never be the same without Rich.  Not everyone knows it but there is a silent "r" at the beginning of "usml" that was added when Rich joined the league.  You have to know the computer code to find it on the website, but its there.  Rich claimed that it stood for "reorganized" but it obviously stands for "Robbins", the man who has maintained the constitution, managed the website and otherwise helped keep the league together all these years.  So there literally can be no rUSML without the irreplaceable Mr. Robbins.

And if a poor performance were the determining factor as to whether a team should remain in the league, I'm afraid I have dibs, Rich.  I pissed away 2014 only to watch Myers go to San Diego, Profar hurt his shoulder AGAIN and Addison Russell become a Cub. I finished 35 points (!!) behind you.  That's a mere 5 points more than the absolute minimum.

And I'll take the liberty of speaking for the league here - the USML with a detached Rich Robbins is inestimably better than the USML without Rich Robbins.

Please reconsider.