[USML Announce] Lubeasts preliminary retention roster

Jeffrey Winick jwinick at hwhlegal.com
Thu Feb 22 11:37:41 EST 2024

Happy Spring Training and, more importantly, Happy Birthday to old man Kerber.  I say we all chip in and buy him a walker.  😉

Here is the roster for the 2024 edition of the Berliners.  It is essentially the mirror image of Frank’s roster (all hitting and no pitching rather than vice-versa):

Josh Naylor, 1B, Cle, $10 FA
Anthony Volpe, SS, NYY, $10 Y2
Bobby Witt, MI, KC, $25, FA26
Julio Rodriguez, OF, Sea, $20, FA26
Josh Jung, 3B, Tex, $10, Y2
Clay Holmes, CL, NYY, $5, FA

Beans
Brooks Lee, SS, Min, $5
Jackson Holliday, SS, Bal, $10
Marcelo Mayer, SS, Bos, $5
Coby Mayo, 3B, Bal, $5
Max Clark, OF, Det, $5
Evan Carter, OF, Tex, $10

Note that I will be cutting Wander Franco and will eat his $20 contract.  Turns out it doesn’t as bad as you’d think when consumed with a side of beans.  If anyone is looking to the future, he’s now being offered in a combo pack with World Series hero Evan Carter.

Jeff