[USML Announce] Today's Spring Training Update

Jeffrey Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 16:28:42 EST 2011

After noting that two of our league members (and you know who you are)
are so out of touch with USML 2011 that you couldn't tell the
difference between a Riptorn retention roster and a now-defunct Buddha
retention roster, I feel it incumbent upon me as the reigning champion
to provide a little assistance.  Therefore, as a public service I will
be offering key updates regarding players who are (or at least should
be) under consideration for retention.

Information will be evaluated on the basis of its potential impact on
the player's performance in 2011.  Impact ranges from Nada to Mucho to
Oy Vey

1.  Brian Matusz has wart removed - will miss his next start.
Potential Impact - Nada
2.  Rangers' Neftali Feliz makes start - audition for starting rotation
well underway.  Potential Impcat - Mucho
3.  Koji Uehara gets cortisone shot - ouch! although Uehara proclaims
it no big deal.  Potential Impact - Oy Vey
4.  Adrian Beltre won't miss Opening Day - but he will be out as long
as a month.  Potential Impact - Mucho

Bottom line - a tough day for the Klein Nine.  Hey, at least he'll be
out of his misery early this year.

More to follow.

The King