[USML Announce] Hey Blocker

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:43:19 EDT 2011

If memory serves, it was Joe Cowley (I did not look this up!). I
recall years before that a trio of Sox hurlers threw a non-hitter (was
it started by Cisco Barrios...? Can't recall).

Here's one: I attended the 8 inning "no-hitter" Andy Hawkins threw
against the Sox in Sept. of their last year in old Comiskey. Sox won
4-0 because of some terrible fielding by their LF, an expensive FA
bust.  We were cheering for the Sox not to get a hit cos they were
winning.  A couple years later Fay Vincent said the game didn't count
as a no-hitter. Who cares. I was there (as I was when Buehrle threw
his perfect game, but I've told that story as nauseum so I'll shut it
for now).