[USML Announce] Rosters and Long-Term Contacts

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 09:39:07 EDT 2023

The Angry Young Men seem to have an extra 1B in their lineup.  Given that the race for 3rd and 4th is tight, and given that the extra 1B could also affect category standings, it would be good to clean that up.  (Just looking at the website, I think the extra stats are currently being included.)
Also, although this may just be a function of my memory, we seem to have more than the usual number of potentially toxic long-term contracts this year:  thinking of Manoah, Cortes, McClanahan and--of course--Franco.  A couple of those have yet to play out, but I wouldn't want any of them right now.
Finally, go Cubs!  Call them losers if you want, Doug, but it's mid-August and they're still playing games that matter.