[USML Announce] Winick: "Unlike Rumsfeld, I Will Not Cut and Run"

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 14:29:09 EST 2006

Still reeling from the catastophic loss of Berliners ace Francisco Liriano,
Berliners CEO Jeffrey Winick vowed to "stay the course" in his  campaign to
claim the 2007 USML championship.

"I know many of you are bailing out on the Berliners, convinced that we
cannot win in the USML," proclaimed Mr. Winick.  "Well, I'm ready to fight
by any means necessary until my mission is accomplished.  And my mission is
to obtain victory with a roster of men like Punto, Fruto, Navarro and
Garza.  The challenge has been laid at my feet and I'm prepared to attack it
head on and feet first, with bold initiatives, sarcasm and scowls.  Don't
stand in my way and don't cut me slack, Jack.  The fight's far from over and
if Doug was squeamish at last year's draft, he better have an IV strapped to
his arm next go-round. I have never run from a fight, and I don't intend to
now."