[USML Announce] Sunday Morning On My Mind: Logistics

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 14:17:01 EST 2011

Dear Jeffrey:
  As the time grows nigh, I want to ensure that everyone, particularly
me, is comfortable in the surroundings you have so graciously offered
us.  Accordingly, I have some questions:
   1.  Will we have to sign in? If so, is identification required?
   2.  Does your office have a Diet Coke vending machine or any supply
of the beverage chilling in a refrigerator?  If so, what is the cost,
if any?
   3.  You mentioned that the conference room is modest compared to
the cavernous environs we've grown accustomed to at Sidley.
        A. Just how modest?
        B. Will there be adequate space for my Shandler, Baseball
Prospectus, Baseball America Prospects 2011 books, a small calculator,
spreadsheet, beverage and snack of my choice?
        C. I may have failed to mention to you that I have been
diagnosed with EDAS (electronic device auto-immune deficiency), a
condition that causes acute emotional distress and other physical
problems if I am within ten feet or so of an activated laptop.  Please
advise how you will accomodate my serious health condition.
        D. To avoid a "race to the office" scenario, especially since
you're likely to arrive an hour late anyway, I propose assigned
seating, perhaps in the order of last year's standings--with you at
the head of the table, of course. That would also hasten the pace of
the rotation draft. I think it's rude and vulgar when certain unnamed
owners arrive hours ahead of everyone else and spread their paperwork
all over the place in a transparent effort to acquire more space than
they possibly could use. That said, I expect to be downtown Saturday,
so if you don't mind I'll stop by your office then and get situated.
    4. Please prepare name placards. I'm getting a bit forgetful these
days and need to make absolutely sure I know which of you is Blocker.

Thanks, my good friend.
--Brad