[USML Announce] Rangers' News Nudges Rips Closer To The Edge

Brad Jansen bljansen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:27:56 EDT 2011

ITEM:
GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- After plenty of discussion and evaluation over the
last six weeks, the Texas Rangers said Thursday that Neftali Feliz
will remain the team's closer in 2011.
"Right now for our organization he's better in the bullpen," manager
Ron Washington said. "We haven't closed the door on him being a
starter. It's just not now."
The decision means the Rangers' rotation is set with left-hander C.J.
Wilson, right-hander Colby Lewis, lefty Tommy Hunter, righty Matt
Harrison and left-hander Derek Holland to start the season. The order
of the final three has yet to be determined, but the club could decide
to break up the lefties

WINNER: Riptorns--they remain top dogs in saves category with twin
bullpen anchors Perez and Feliz.  And with best starting rotation in
the League, they trend UP, UP and AWAY.

LOSER: Flaming Brats get burned on yet another pitcher. Ogando ($6)
may have to wait till next year (if ever) to get a shot at closer's
role.  Still, as far as saves go, Brats have nothing to be Soria
about. They'll do just fine and continue to be in STABLE CONDITION.